Craving a classic Italian dinner full of flavor and flair? Try this garlic and herb shrimp scampi recipe! Succulent shrimp are sautéed in butter, white wine, garlic, and fresh herbs then served atop pasta for the perfect specialty dish. Ready to get cooking? Here’s how you make it:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, or oregano)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through.
- Pour in the white wine and add the chopped herbs, salt, and black pepper. Cook for another minute or two until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over the cooked pasta, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.
Treat your guests to this delectable garlic and herb shrimp scampi that pairs perfectly with a variety of sides, like salad, roasted veggies and garlic bread. This simple recipe is sure to tantalize their taste buds – it’s an easy feast for any occasion! Bon appetit!