Enjoy a cozy night in with this creamy garlic and herb-roasted cauliflower soup! The roasting process brings out the wonderful sweetness underlying the veggie, while its aroma is further enhanced by an infusion of fresh herbs. Not only will your dinner be delicious, but also it’s so simple to make – just follow these steps:
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or chives)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped cauliflower with the minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a large pot. Add the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream and chopped fresh herbs. Season with additional salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the garlic and herb roasted cauliflower soup hot, garnished with additional chopped herbs if desired.
Whether you’re looking for a delectable entree to serve vegetarians or an appetizing opener to your dinner party, this soup is sure to satisfy you. To make it even more filling and scrumptious, pair it with a side salad or crusty bread. Bon Appetit!