Transform your taste buds with this tantalizing pork belly recipe that packs a flavorful punch. Garlic, herbs, lemongrass and other spices create an unparalleled combination of aromatic deliciousness that will take any meal to the next level – whether served over steamed white rice or stir-fried vegetables, or even added in salads! Make every bite count by cooking up something simply extraordinary!
- 2 lbs pork belly, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped lemongrass
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, lemongrass, cilantro, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, black pepper, and vegetable oil.
- Add the pork belly pieces to the marinade and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the pork belly from the marinade and grill each side for about 4-5 minutes, until fully cooked and crispy.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
Gathering around the dinner table for a family of four to six, this meal is truly a delight that pairs well with steamed white rice, crisp sautéed vegetables or an energizing salad.