If you can’t get enough of the tart, vibrant flavor of salsa verde, then this recipe is for you! Garlic and herb-roasted tomatillos are blended with fragrant herbs and spices to create a versatile sauce that’s perfect for dipping, topping or marinating. Enjoy this delightful condiment alongside crispy tortilla chips, succulent grilled chicken or flavorful tacos – it’ll be sure to tantalize your taste buds!
- 1 lb tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the tomatillos in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, cilantro, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Roast the tomatillos in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Transfer the roasted tomatillos and any juices to a blender or food processor. Add the jalapeno and blend until smooth.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve the salsa verde with tortilla chips, grilled chicken, or tacos.
Treat your family and friends to this delicious sauce – sure to please 6-8 people! Best of all, it can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.