Experience the classic flavors of ratatouille with a delicious new twist – garlic and herbs baked to perfection! This French dish of eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers and tomatoes is perfect as an entree or side for vegetarian guests. Serve this scrumptious meal at your next dinner gathering and watch it disappear in no time!
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss together the diced eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, onion, minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper until the vegetables are well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a large baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the top.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve the garlic and herb baked ratatouille hot as a side dish or as a main course for vegetarians.
Perfect for any occasion, this delectable recipe is enough to serve up to six people as a side dish or feed three main-course style. Enjoy it with crunchy bread or alongside your favorite pilaf!