Transform your dinner routine with this scrumptious Garlic and Herb Baked Quinoa Stuffed Peppers recipe. This classic dish is taken to the next level with an infusion of flavorful quinoa, herbs, garlic, and veggies. When baked until they’re tender and golden brown on top – these stuffed peppers are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate! Perfect for a nutritious weeknight meal that’s ready in no time.
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium saucepan, bring the quinoa and vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the broth is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, and celery to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Arrange the bell pepper halves in a baking dish. Spoon the quinoa mixture into the pepper halves, filling them to the top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is golden.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
Serving and Side Dishes:
This tantalizing dish will make four mouths water! Garlic and Herb Baked Quinoa Stuffed Peppers perfectly pair with a multitude of sides, like fresh salads or roasted veggies. To bring out the full flavor experience, serve it along some crusty bread or delicious guacamole to create an unforgettable meal. Bon appétit!