Take your taste buds on an adventure with these delectable garlic and herb baked chicken enchiladas smothered in salsa verde! Not only are they supremely easy to construct, but this Mexican-inspired dish is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s faces. Juicy chicken, tangy salsa verde and melted cheese come together seamlessly in the warm tortilla wrap while herbs add a delightful depth of flavor that make it impossible not to enjoy each bite. Next time you’re hosting or looking for weeknight dinner ideas, look no further than this tasty crowd favorite!
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, salsa verde, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, oregano, thyme, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds or until they are soft and pliable.
- Scoop a generous amount of the chicken mixture onto the center of each tortilla and roll up tightly.
- Place the enchiladas seam side down in the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and garnish with extra chopped cilantro, if desired.
Serving and Side dishes:
This succulent garlic and herb baked chicken enchiladas with salsa verde recipe will feed 4-6 individuals, depending on their appetite. Serve it alongside a Mexican rice side dish or refried beans for the perfect meal you won’t ever forget! Sprinkle some extra sour cream or salsa to bring out more flavor in this delectable dish. Bon Appetit!