Craving a cozy and comforting Italian-inspired dinner? This Garlic and Herb Baked Polenta with Wild Mushrooms recipe is sure to hit the spot! Made from cornmeal, this delectable dish is not only incredibly versatile but also surprisingly flavorful. The polenta gets baked until it’s creamy and tender then presented alongside garlic, herbs, sautéed wild mushrooms – making for an irresistibly savory meal you’ll find hard to resist.
- 1 cup of polenta
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of wild mushrooms (such as shiitake, cremini, or oyster), sliced
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta until it’s fully combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the polenta for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently, until it’s thick and creamy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped thyme, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Spread the polenta out evenly in a baking dish. Pour the garlic and herb mixture over the top of the polenta.
- In a large skillet, sauté the sliced wild mushrooms over medium-high heat until they’re tender and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Spread the sautéed mushrooms over the top of the polenta, then sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake the polenta in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until it’s heated through and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove the polenta from the oven and serve hot.
Serving and Side Dishes:
This recipe of Garlic and Herb Baked Polenta with Wild Mushrooms can be an amazing main course for four people. Enjoy it alongside a side dish of roasted or steamed veggies, such as broccoli or asparagus. A salad or garlic bread will only make the experience even better! Bon appetit!