If you’re looking for an Italian dish that packs a punch of flavor, then try this tantalizing Garlic and Herb Baked Eggplant Parmesan. The eggplant is baked to perfection before it’s topped with heavenly tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and the perfect combination of garlic and herbs. Your family will not only be delighted by its zesty infusion—they’ll also savor in its comforting embrace of flavorful goodness!
- 2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped basil, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the garlic and herb mixture and arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the eggplant slices in the preheated oven, and let them bake for 20-25 minutes until they are deliciously tender and lightly golden.
- Smear 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over the entire base of a 9×13 inch baking dish for an even coverage.
- Nestle half of the eggplant slices that were previously baked into a bed of tomato sauce.
- Plop a cup of tomato sauce on top of the eggplant and generously sprinkle it with one cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of grated parmesan to add some zest.
- Layer the eggplant in alternation with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese until all ingredients are used.
- Cover your baking dish with foil and bake for a period of 25 to 30 minutes.
- Peel away the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- After you’ve finished crafting this delicious Garlic and Herb Baked Eggplant Parmesan, allow it to cool off for a few minutes before serving.
Serving and Side Dishes:
Get ready for a mouth-watering dinner with this flavorful Baked Eggplant Parmesan that will delight up to 8 guests! Its garlic and herb seasonings make it the ideal accompaniment whether served with salad greens or luscious roasted veggies. Everyone is sure to leave the table happy, grateful for such an enjoyable culinary experience! Bon Appétit!