Satisfy your appetite with this flavor-packed vegetarian dish that is simple to create and overflowing with deliciousness. The Italian stuffed eggplant, infused with garlic and herbs, features a luscious tomato sauce throughout the baking process before being crowned with melted mozzarella cheese for an extra layer of indulgence. It’s ideal as a main course at family dinners or potlucks alike!
- 2 large eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant halves with a spoon, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggplant flesh, garlic, basil, parsley, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cooked quinoa.
- Stuff the eggplant halves with the quinoa mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes over the stuffed eggplant halves and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake the stuffed eggplant in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender and the filling is cooked through.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the stuffed eggplant.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy this delectable dish with four to six of your closest friends and family, accompanied by a delightful mixed green salad or robust roasted vegetables.