This garlic and mushroom risotto is a delightful, filling vegetarian meal that pairs perfectly with the likes of steamed vegetables, a green salad, or crusty bread. The umami flavors from the mushrooms and garlic add an irresistible richness to this creamy, exquisite dish – making it ideal for any occasion! Whether you’re cozying up on a cool evening at home or entertaining guests, this easy-to-make yet impressive recipe will tantalize your taste buds with every bite.
- 1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable broth over medium-low heat and keep it warm.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, occasionally stirring, until soft.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, until they’re browned and tender.
- Add the Arborio rice to the skillet and stir to coat it in the butter and vegetables.
- Pour in the dry white wine and stir until the rice absorbs it.
- Ladle in 1 cup of the warm vegetable broth and stir until it’s absorbed by the rice. Repeat this step, 1 cup at a time, until the rice is cooked and the risotto is creamy; this should take approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and season the risotto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the garlic and mushroom risotto hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.