Impress your family and friends with this tantalizingly tasty garlic and lemon-roasted chicken! The glorious combination of these two ingredients adds an unbeatable aroma, flavor, and juiciness to the dish that pairs perfectly with various sides. Whether you’re whipping up a special occasion meal or making dinner for the family on any given night, this recipe is simple to execute yet elegant in presentation – oh-so-perfect for showing off your culinary expertise.
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Mix the minced garlic, olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Carefully lift the skin of the chicken and spread the garlic mixture under the skin and inside the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the sliced lemon.
- Truss the chicken with kitchen twine to keep the legs and wings close to the body.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Garnish the chicken with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.