Make mealtime healthier and more scrumptious with this roasted garlic and herb spaghetti squash recipe. To create it, you will start by roasting the squash in the oven until tender. Then simply combine it with some delicious additions like garlic, herbs, and heart-healthy olive oil for a mouthwatering dish that is sure to be a hit! Here’s how you can whip up this tasty pasta alternative:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, or thyme)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Brush the cut sides of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place the squash halves cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the squash for 40-50 minutes or until it is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Let the squash cool for a few minutes, then use a fork to scrape the flesh into spaghetti-like strands and transfer them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped herbs, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the garlic and herb mixture over the spaghetti squash and toss until the strands are coated evenly.
- Serve the spaghetti squash hot, topped with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this flavorful garlic and herb spaghetti squash meal! An excellent choice for a nutritious and satisfying dinner, it can be served as an entrée alongside grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Alternatively, you could instead offer it as a side dish; either way is sure to excite your palate! Enjoy!