Whether it be a weeknight dinner or a summer barbecue, this garlic and herb grilled shrimp will tantalize your taste buds with its savory flavor. Marinate succulent shrimp in an ideal combination of lemon juice, herbs, and garlic before you grill them to perfection. Here’s what you need to do:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or rosemary)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling)
- Whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped herbs, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss them until evenly coated with the marinade. Let the shrimp marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- If using skewers, thread the shrimp onto them, ensuring they’re evenly spaced.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook them for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they’re pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and serve hot.
Treat your taste buds to a scrumptious seafood dish with this garlic and herb-grilled shrimp. Ideal for both summer barbecues or simple weeknight dinners, this healthy meal is served best alongside accompaniments like salad, rice, or freshly-grilled veggies. Make it even more delicious by adding in some of your favorite herbs and spices! Bon appétit!