Treat your taste buds to the savory and flavorful combination of Garlic and Herb Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Pesto. The robust aromas from garlic, herbs, and nutty pesto will tantalize your senses when this healthy side dish is served alongside any meal. If you’re looking for a way to sneak more vegetables into your diet without sacrificing flavor, then give this dish a try – you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the herb mixture over the cut side of the squash.
- Place the squash cut-side down on a baking sheet and roast for 35-45 minutes, or until the squash is tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash flesh from the skin and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Drizzle pesto over the top of the squash and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
Enjoy this dish of four lucky people as a side to grilled chicken, roasted salmon, or even a simple green salad. It is sure to be the perfect pairing!