If you’re seeking a delicious meal that is perfect for any occasion, then this Garlic and Herb Grilled Mexican Carne Asada recipe should be your go-to! This unique concoction combines bold flavors with lip-smacking satisfaction to create an unforgettable culinary experience.
Carne Asada is an iconic Mexican delicacy that can be savored in outdoor barbecues and social events. It’s usually made with skirt steak, marinated in a tantalizing blend of herbs and spices before grilling it to perfection. This recipe adds a unique garlic-herb infusion for extra flavor that will amplify the taste experience!
To prepare this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top. Seal the bag and turn it several times to ensure that the steak is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate the steak for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and discard any excess.
- Grill the steak for 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or longer if desired.
- Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes before slicing against the grain.
Are you ready to wow your guests with an unforgettable meal? Fire up the grill and prepare this Garlic and Herb Grilled Mexican Carne Asada recipe! This delicious dish can serve 4-6 people, depending on how hungry they are. To make it a complete feast, put out some tortillas, pico de gallo, guacamole and rice/beans as sides. Bon Appétit!