For a unique and flavorful experience, consider adding parsley root to your weekly menu. This often overlooked vegetable boasts a flavor combination of celery and parsnip that will elevate any dish! In this recipe, we’ll show you how easily it can be transformed by roasting with garlic and herbs to bring out its natural sweetness while imbuing an incredible savory depth of flavor.
- 1 pound parsley root, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the parsley root, minced garlic, chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the seasoned parsley root in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the parsley root is tender and lightly browned, stirring halfway through.
- Serve hot as a side dish to your favorite main course.
Elevate the flavors of any meal with this simple Garlic and Herb Roasted Parsley Root side dish, which serves four. Its roasted garlic and herb flavor pairs especially well with grilled or roasted meats, but also complements other vegetables such as carrots or Brussels sprouts.