Introducing the perfect accompaniment to any dinner – Garlic and Herb Roasted Kabocha Squash. This delicious Japanese winter squash is renowned for its sweet and nutty flavor, which comes alive when cooked in this simple yet flavorful recipe! The roasted kabocha squash becomes succulent and caramelized while absorbing all of the savory aromas from garlic and herbs, making it a memorable side dish your family will love.
- 1 kabocha squash, cut into wedges and seeded
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the kabocha squash wedges, olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the squash in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until it’s tender and lightly browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving and Side Dishes:
Treat your taste buds to the delectable flavors of Garlic and Herb Roasted Kabocha Squash – a scrumptious side dish that serves four. Whether you roast chicken, grill steak, or bake some fish for the main course; this recipe pairs perfectly with all! And if you’re looking for something light? Then serve alongside mashed potatoes or a simmered spinach salad – it’s sure to satisfy any appetite. Bon Appétit!