Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want something delicious for the family, this Garlic and Herb Roasted Kabocha Squash with Maple Glaze and Toasted Pecans is the ideal fall dish. The squash is roasted to perfection before being drizzled in an irresistible sweet-savory maple glaze and generously sprinkled with crunchy pecans. Serve as a side dish or enjoy it as a vegetarian main – either way, everyone will be delighted by its flavor!
- 1 Kabocha squash, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped and toasted
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Toss the Kabocha squash wedges with olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the squash out on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and maple syrup together over medium heat.
- Drizzle the maple glaze over the roasted squash and top with toasted pecans.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Enjoy this delicious dish with four to six of your closest friends – the perfect accompaniment to roasted chicken or pork and steamed green beans.