For those searching for a flavorful, yet straightforward side dish that is sure to impress, these garlic and herb roasted haricot verts with lemon and parmesan are the perfect solution. Roasted until golden perfection and seasoned exquisitely with garlic, herbs, and parmesan cheese then finished off with a hint of tart lemon – it’s an exquisite combination! A magnificent addition to any meal no matter how formal or casual it might be.
- 1 pound haricot verts (French green beans), ends trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the haricot verts with garlic, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Spread the haricot verts out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and lemon zest over the roasted haricot verts and return to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe serves 4-6 people as a side dish.
Side Dish Suggestions:
Add a flavorful twist to your holiday celebrations with these garlic, herb, and parmesan-crusted haricot verts. Perfect for pairing with roasted chicken, grilled steak or seared salmon – they also make a delightful addition to classic sides like mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Complete the meal by serving them alongside some quinoa or wild rice!