If you are a fan of the intense and zesty taste of Jamaican jerk seasoning, this recipe is just right for you! The marinade with garlic and herbs adds further dimension to these scrumptious grilled shrimp. Enjoy them as an appetizer or serve up with rice and beans for a full meal; either way it will tantalize your tastebuds!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, thyme, cilantro, Jamaican jerk seasoning, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill each side for about 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and slightly charred.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
This delicious dish can accommodate 4 to 6 people and goes perfectly with rice, beans, grilled vegetables or a simple green salad.