Infusing roasted green beans with garlic and herbs creates a delectable side dish that can be enjoyed alongside any main course – from roast chicken to vegetarian stew.
Not only are they mouth-wateringly delicious, but they also offer an abundance of nutrients! Plus, roasting brings out their natural sweetness while the subtle addition of spices adds an extra layer of flavor. Once your guests take one bite, they will undoubtedly return for seconds.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the green beans, minced garlic, olive oil, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss until the green beans are evenly coated.
- Transfer the green bean mixture to a baking sheet, spreading them out into a single layer.
- Roast the green beans in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
For 4-6 people, this garlic and herb roasted green beans recipe is the perfect side dish to pair with a variety of dishes from roast meats to grilled chicken and even vegetarian entrees such as stuffed peppers or baked tofu. To complete your meal, try adding some roasted potatoes, quinoa salad or simple garden salad for an exquisite dinner experience!