The tantalizing combination of garlic and herbs make this Garlic and Herb Roasted Fennel absolutely irresistible. This scrumptious side dish is a must-have for any meat, fish or vegetarian meal – it can also be added to salads or sandwiches for some extra flavor! Impress your family at the dinner table with this delectable addition.
Roasting brings out the nutty goodness of fennel, and partners it with garlic and herbs to create a balanced taste you won’t soon forget. Not only is this harmony of flavors delectable but also healthy – an unbeatable combination!
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the stalks and fronds from the fennel bulb and slice the bulb into wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix the minced garlic, olive oil, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- Place the fennel wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the garlic and herb mixture over the fennel wedges, making sure to coat each wedge evenly.
- Roast the fennel for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and the fennel is tender.
Serving and Sides:
Transform your dinner table with this Garlic and Herb Roasted Fennel side dish, enough to serve up to 6 people! Not only is it an excellent addition that pairs nicely with roasted meats, grilled fish, or vegetarian dishes such as roasted chickpeas or lentils – but you can also turn your meal into a full course by adding a colorful green salad or some more delectable roasted vegetables.