This delectable and nutritious side dish infuses an Asian flair to roasted vegetables – garlic and herb-roasted baby bok choy, drizzled with a savory sesame soy sauce. It’s the perfect accompaniment for grilled meats or rice bowls; ideal for those who want something easy yet flavorful!
- 8 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the halved baby bok choy to the bowl and toss to coat well.
- Arrange the bok choy in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the bok choy is tender and lightly browned.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and sesame seeds to make the sauce.
- Drizzle the sauce over the roasted bok choy and serve hot.
This dish can serve up to 6 people and is the perfect complement for grilled meats, rice bowls, or stir-fried vegetables.