Treat your guests to the flavorful and aromatic appetizer of garlic and herb mussels! This dish promises a delightful medley of fresh mussels cooked in a mouthwatering blend of herbs, white wine, and garlic. Make it for that special occasion or dinner party – here’s how:
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or basil)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Scrub the mussels and discard any that are cracked or open.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chopped herbs, white wine, salt, and black pepper and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the mussels to the pot and cover it with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook the mussels for about 5-7 minutes or until they’re fully opened.
- Remove the mussels from the pot with a slotted spoon and discard any that didn’t open.
- Serve the mussels hot with some crusty bread to soak up the flavorful broth.
Get ready to wow your friends and family with this delicious garlic and herb mussels appetizer! All you need is a side of salad, roasted veggies, or fries for the perfect accompaniment.This flavorful dish will add an elegant touch to any gathering without too much fuss – it’s just that simple! Serve up some restaurant-style sophistication in no time – bon appétit!