For an entrée that’s packed with flavor and good for you, this garlic and herb-crusted tuna steak is a surefire hit. The thick-cut tuna steaks are covered in tasty herbs, fresh garlic, and crunchy breadcrumbs before being pan-seared to perfection – perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions alike! Follow the steps below to whip up this delectable dish:
- 2 tuna steaks (about 6-8 ounces each)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or basil)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped herbs, breadcrumbs, olive oil, salt, and black pepper until you have a thick paste.
- Rub the herb mixture all over the tuna steaks, making sure they’re evenly coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a little bit of oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the tuna steaks and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they’re cooked to your liking. The internal temperature of the tuna should reach 125-130°F for medium-rare.
- Remove the tuna steaks from the skillet and let them rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Spice up your dinner tonight with this delectable garlic and herb-crusted tuna steak! With its versatile accompaniments, such as rice, roasted veggies, or salad, you can easily customize it to suit any palate. Plus, the healthy yet scrumptious dish is super simple to make – just add a sprinkle of your favorite herbs or spices for extra flavor. Bon appétit!