Garlic and Herb Marinated Grilled Tofu Steaks bring an array of flavors to the plate for vegans and vegetarians alike. The exquisite combination of garlic and herbs creates a savory marinade that will tantalize your taste buds! And with several side options, like grilled vegetables, baked potatoes or a fresh green salad, this dish is sure to satisfy any craving.
- 1 block of firm tofu, cut into 4-6 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, basil, thyme, salt, and black pepper to create the marinade.
- Pat dry the tofu with a paper towel, and then place the slices in a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the tofu slices and coat evenly. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the tofu from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Place the tofu slices on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until grill marks appear and the tofu is heated through.
- Remove the tofu from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Create an unforgettable meal with this recipe which can serve between 4-6 people, depending on the nutritious tofu block size and each individual’s portion. Serving alongside grilled vegetables, baked potatoes or a vibrant green salad will make for flavorful complements that your guests are sure to love!