Transform ordinary tofu into something extraordinary with this Garlic and Herb Grilled Tandoori recipe! A vegetarian twist on the classic Indian cooking technique of marinating food in a combination of spices and yogurt, then grilling it. The tofu is infused with garlic, herbs, and exotic Indian flavors before being seared until crispy perfection. Serve at your next outdoor BBQ or as a savory main course for an all-veggie dinner – you won’t regret it!
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon of dried cumin
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, dried coriander, dried cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the tofu slices to the bowl and toss them until they’re evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the tofu slices for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they’re crispy and lightly browned.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
Serving and Side Dishes:
This flavorful Garlic and Herb Grilled Tandoori Tofu can be enjoyed as a main course for up to four people. Serve it with warm, grilled vegetables, fluffy rice or naan bread – and why not level-up your meal by adding some raita or chutney? Bon Appetit!