If you’re looking to wow your guests with delicious Korean cuisine, look no further than Garlic and Herb Grilled Korean Bulgogi Beef! This unforgettable dish is prepared by first marinating the beef in a mouthwatering concoction of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Then it’s seared on the grill for an amazing combination of sweet and savory flavors that will surely leave your taste buds tantalized. Perfect for any outdoor gathering or special occasion – this delectable treat (and grilling show-off!) won’t disappoint!
- 2 pounds beef sirloin or flank steak, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, green onions, salt, and pepper.
- Place the beef in a large Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and massage the beef to coat evenly with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove beef from marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the beef for 2-3 minutes per side until it is cooked through and has nice grill marks.
- Let the beef rest for a few minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain.
- Serve with a side of steamed rice, grilled vegetables, or kimchi.
This recipe serves 4-6 people.
Side Dish Suggestions:
- Steamed rice
- Grilled vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers)
- Pickled vegetables
- Korean sweet potato noodles (Japchae)
- Spicy cucumber salad (Oi Muchim)