This delectable garlic and herb focaccia bread makes your mealtime even more special! Bursting with fragrant aromas, it pairs perfectly with soups, stews, salads, or any dish you have in mind. Your tastebuds will be tantalized by the combination of fresh herbs and garlicky goodness—plus its easy-to-follow recipe makes it an ideal snack to whip up for yourself during a cozy night in or to serve as an impressive side at dinner parties. With its delicious flavor and satisfying texture, one bite is all it takes to fall head over heels in love with this amazing bread!
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of warm water
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Coarse sea salt, for topping
- Mix the flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and warm water to the bowl and stir until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and stretch the dough out to fit the sheet.
- Use your fingers to poke holes all over the surface of the dough.
- Mix the minced garlic, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Spread the garlic and herb mixture over the top of the dough, making sure to get it into the holes.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the top of the dough.
- Bake the focaccia in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until it’s golden brown and cooked.
- Remove the focaccia from the oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.