Impress your family and friends with this delightful vegetarian recipe! The buttery pie crust is packed with flavorful layers of creamy ricotta cheese and zucchini seasoned with garlic & herb. This dish is perfect for either brunch or lunch, as it’s effortless to make yet undeniably delicious.
- 1 pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch tart pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, basil, parsley, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Layer the sliced zucchini on top of the ricotta mixture, slightly overlapping each slice.
- Repeat with the remaining ricotta mixture and zucchini, until all the ingredients are used up.
- Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This nourishing meal is perfect for 6-8 people, and tastes superb with a side of crisp greens or roasted veggies.