If you’re a vegetarian seeking to incorporate more vegetables into your diet, or just looking for something special to serve at dinner parties and other occasions, this Garlic and Herb Baked Vegetable Ratatouille Tart is the ideal dish. This one-of-a-kind tart contains fresh eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and garlic baked in a flavorful crust of herbs and spices – it’s truly an unforgettable culinary experience!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Thinly slice the eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper into small rounds.
- Dice the onion and garlic and sauté them in a pan with olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- In a bowl, mix the sliced vegetables with the sautéed onions and garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a baking dish.
- Layer the mixed vegetables on top of the crust, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the crust is golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Treat 4-6 of your closest friends or family to this delectable dish, perfectly complemented by a side salad and some freshly baked crusty bread.