If you’re looking for a scrumptious yet nutritious meat-free meal that’s easy to prepare, this recipe is an ideal choice. The delicious portobello mushrooms are infused with garlic and herbs before being stuffed with the perfectly balanced combination of spinach and feta cheese, then baked until they become tender and irresistible! This dish can be served as either a main course or side dish – it’s sure to satisfy any palate.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, basil, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the mushroom caps with the garlic and herb mixture, making sure to coat the inside and outside of the mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chopped spinach, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the spinach and cheese mixture into each mushroom cap, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Perfect for four, this delectable dish pairs beautifully with a vibrant mixed green salad or roasted vegetables.