Indulge in a savory and scrumptious tart with this recipe The tantalizing combination of, herbs, mushrooms, and Fontina cheese baked into a buttery tart crust will have your taste buds dancing. Enjoy it as an entrée or serve it up for brunch or dinner – no matter the occasion you’ll be sure to please everyone’s palate!
- 1 pre-made tart crust
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the tart crust in a 9-inch tart pan and prick the bottom with a fork.
- In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms over medium heat until they release their liquid and are lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, thyme, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Spread the mushroom mixture in the tart crust and top with grated Fontina cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. Pour the mixture over the cheese and mushrooms in the tart crust.
- Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Perfect for 6 to 8 people, this delicious meal pairs wonderfully with a fresh mixed greens salad or lightly-roasted vegetables.