Enjoy a nutritious and effortless meal with these Garlic and Herb Baked Mediterranean Stuffed Bell Peppers! This scrumptious dish is ideal for family dinners or to make ahead of time to have throughout the week. Make your next culinary experience flavorful, healthy, and stress-free.
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). To prepare the bell peppers for baking, trim off their tops and scoop out the seeds and membranes. Once you have done that, line up your prepped-peppers in a baking dish to await further instructions!
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring your quinoa to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Your fluffy quinoa will be perfectly cooked and ready!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, parsley, garlic, olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the quinoa mixture, packing it in tightly.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve the stuffed bell peppers hot, garnished with additional fresh parsley if desired.
Treat your taste buds to a healthy and delightful dinner that serves up to four people! This meal pairs perfectly with a fresh green salad or some roasted veggies on the side. Get ready for an enjoyable culinary experience that is sure to keep you coming back for more!