If you’re dreaming of a decadent and delicious tart, this recipe is your answer! The flavorful combination of garlic-herb infused butternut squash topped with tangy goat cheese atop buttery crust will have your taste buds thanking you. This savory yet sweet dish can be served as a main course for dinner or brunch, or as an accompaniment to any meal. Best part? It’s effortless to make and full of flavor – what more could one ask for?
- 1 pre-made tart crust
- 3 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the tart crust in a 9-inch tart pan and prick the bottom with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butternut squash, garlic, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the butternut squash mixture in the tart crust and top with crumbled goat cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. Pour the mixture over the cheese and butternut squash in the tart crust.
- Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy this delicious dish with up to 8 of your favorite people and complete the meal with a fresh mixed green salad or roasted vegetables.