Transform everyday pasta into a gourmet dish with this classic Italian recipe for Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil. The aromatic garlic-olive oil sauce provides an irresistible flavor that will tantalize your taste buds, making it the perfect main course or side dish. Customize to suit your palate by adding in seasonings of choice – let creativity be your guide!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet with the garlic and olive oil, and toss to combine.
- If the spaghetti seems dry, add the reserved pasta water a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season the spaghetti with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese before serving.