Elevate any meal with the tantalizing flavor of these garlic-mashed sweet potatoes! Its delightful aroma and deliciousness will add a scrumptious zing to your Thanksgiving or holiday dinner. But that’s not all – this recipe is so simple, yet its aromatic notes make it perfect as an accompaniment for grilled meats, roasted veggies, or just about any dish you can think of where mashed potatoes would be welcome. And if that wasn’t enough – they’re also incredibly healthy too; making them an excellent way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Bring the chopped sweet potatoes to a boil in salted water in a large pot. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add garlic butter to the sweet potatoes and mash them with a potato masher or a fork.
- Gradually add the milk to the sweet potato mixture while mashing until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season the mashed sweet potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mashed sweet potatoes to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
- Serve the mashed sweet potatoes hot as a side dish.