Treat yourself to a delightful and effortless Garlic Herb Buttered Steak recipe! Infused with garlic, and herbs and drizzled in an indulgent butter sauce, this exquisite dish is the epitome of delectable dining – ideal for special occasions or romantic dinners. Enjoy it alone or pair it with your favorite sides for a succulent meal that will always satisfy you.
- 2 bone-in ribeye steaks, 1.5 inches thick
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Take the steaks out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, and chopped thyme.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the steaks and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side, until well browned.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the steaks for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place the steaks on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the garlic-herb mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Slice the steaks against the grain and serve with the garlic-herb butter sauce on top.
Satisfying two appetites, this delectable dish pairs perfectly with roasted vegetables such as carrots, brussels sprouts or asparagus. To bring out all the flavors of the steak even more, a refreshing green salad tossed in vinaigrette dressing is ideal.