Add some delightful flavor and a healthy touch to your dinner table with Garlic and Herb Roasted Turnips! This delectable side dish is incredibly easy-to-make yet adds an exquisite element to a variety of main courses, from grilled chicken, roasted beef, or baked fish – it even works well in vegan or vegetarian meals. Serve this appetizing recipe at any occasion for maximum satisfaction; your guests will be delighted by the deliciousness while also appreciating its nutritious qualities!
- 4 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the turnips, olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss the mixture until the turnips are evenly coated.
- Spread the turnips out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast the turnips in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
- Serve hot as a side dish.
Serving size and side dishes:
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people as a side dish. It pairs well with a variety of other vegetable dishes, such as roasted asparagus, sautéed kale, or mashed sweet potatoes. It can also be served with a grain, such as quinoa or brown rice, or with a protein, such as grilled chicken or tofu.