Treat yourself and your family to a tantalizing dinner experience with Garlic & Herb Roasted Parsnips! Not only is this side-dish delightfully easy to prepare, but the combination of garlic and herbs adds a delectable savory flavor that will make everyone’s taste buds rejoice. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in parsnips, making it an ideal meal for both adults and children alike –no matter what main course you decide on (roast chicken, beef or lamb).
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the parsnips, minced garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well to evenly coat the parsnips with the herbs and spices.
- Arrange the parsnips in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the parsnips in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and tender.
- Serve the garlic and herb roasted parsnips hot and garnished with fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives.
Treat your taste buds to this scrumptious and easy-to-make side dish, perfect for serving 4 to 6 people. The vibrant flavors of the recipe will pair perfectly with roasted chicken, beef, or lamb dishes; while adding a healthy dose of vitamins when combined with cooked carrots or Brussels sprouts! Bon Appétit!