Craving an appetizing yet nutritious meal? Treat yourself to a Garlic and Herb Grilled Vegetable Salad! This scrumptious side dish or main course is ideal for those who favor grilled veggies, garlic and additional flavorings in their salads. Plus, it’s an effortless way to incorporate more nutrition into your diet with minimal time needed during preparation — simply toss the ingredients together in no more than five minutes!
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 2 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red onion, sliced into rounds
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, chopped basil, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the vegetable slices with the olive oil mixture and place them on the grill.
- Grill the vegetables for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender and slightly charred.
- Once the vegetables are done, remove them from the grill and allow them to cool.
- Cut the grilled vegetables into bite-size pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the bowl and toss the vegetables together.
- Serve the salad immediately or chill it for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
This recipe can serve 4-6 people as a side dish.
Enjoy this salad as a delightful complement to grilled chicken, fish, or steak. Or you can complete the meal by serving it with crusty bread and a crisp glass of white wine for an unforgettable dining experience.