Make your regular mashed potatoes into an extraordinary side dish with a combination of garlic and aromatic herbs. This meal pairs perfectly with any protein, and it’s also deceptively simple to prepare! Give our delicious recipe for Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes a try today:
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or chives)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the chopped potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Add the minced garlic, softened butter, and milk to the pot with the potatoes. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the chopped fresh herbs, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
- Serve the garlic and herb mashed potatoes hot, garnished with additional chopped herbs if desired.
Treat your guests to these luxurious and creamy mashed potatoes for your next special occasion or potluck! Not only does their luscious flavor complement roasted chicken, grilled steak, and baked fish perfectly – they are sure to enthrall any crowd. Bon appetit!