Enjoy the earthy aroma and flavors of Garlic and Herb Grilled Portobello Mushrooms for a meal that is equally delightful as its own entree or side dish. These succulent mushrooms tantalize the palate with their savory tastes, including garlic and herbs to give them an unforgettable flavor. This healthful vegetarian option is sure to be a hit at your dinner table!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Clean the portobello mushrooms by wiping them with a damp cloth or paper towel. Remove the stems and gently scrape the gills using a spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, chopped herbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well to make the marinade.
- Brush both sides of each mushroom cap with the marinade and let it sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the mushroom caps on the grill, gill side down, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the mushroom caps and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they are tender and juicy.
- Remove the mushrooms from the grill and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, if desired. Serve hot.